Now that you have the tips for healthy long hair, here are the four hair products I use on my hair. I’m a strong believer in that healthy hair begins with great products. Without great products hair will break, tangle, lack luster and fall flat, and who wants that?! So to give your hair a foundation for healthy voluminous hair, here are my top four hair products that’s sure to add moisture + shine to your lady locks for a sexy va-va-voom hair.
1. Peter Coppola New York Argan Oil Shampoo: I’ve tried several shampoos but nothing has had a changing impact on my hair like this shampoo. It’s super moisturizing thanks to the argan oil. Argan oil is made from green nuts of Argan tree found mostly in Morocco, Algeria and Israel. Learn about the benefits of Argan oil. Buy Peter Coppola Argan Oil products here.
Tip: shampoo your hair with warm to lukewarm water. The heat from the water opens up your hair cuticles and allows for mineral and moisture from conditioner to soak into your hair. I learned that from my Turkish hairdresser, Tev.
2. Renpure Original Brazilian Keratin Conditioner: generally, you want to stick with the same brand of shampoo and conditioner, but I have a legitimate reason for mixing brands. I ran out of conditioner one evening so I went to the grocery store down the street from the condo and this was the one that stuck out to me. I have extremely dry scalp so I was looking for a conditioner that will retain natural moisture in my hair. This is by far the best conditioner I’ve used. I plan to get the shampoo when I run out of my Peter Coppola. For more information on Renpure, visit http://www.renpure.com/.
Tip: when switching shampoos and conditioner, start with conditioner, as it won’t be as shocking to your hair shaft. And to lock in moisture, rinse conditioner with cold water.
3. It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in Conditioner with Keratin: this leave-in conditioner can be used on wet or dry hair. It’s completely moisturizing and the keratin gives your hair a silky smooth feeling + finish. Just spray a few pumps into hair, massage it in before blow-drying. Get more info on 10 Miracle Leave-in Conditioner.
Tip: do away with frizz and dryness post swim. Just spray on after a swim in the pool or ocean!
4. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum: my styling is not complete without a few pumps of this serum. It reduces frizz, smooths and nourishes your hair while helping to maintain a manageable style that last. Just a small amount goes a long way. Apply half a teaspoon amount into hair before blow-drying your hair. Get the super skinny serum.
Tip: when possible, avoid grease, gel or any oil-based styling products. They leave oil buildup on your scalp and hair leaving it vulnerable to breakage, frizz, and a host of unhealthy things that are bad for your hair.
So there you have it, the next time you wash your hair make sure you use warm water to shampoo, rinse conditioner with cold water to lock in moisture, us a leave-in conditioner for added moisture and a serum to eliminate frizz.
Do you have any hair products that you’d like to share? Please share in the comments below.
- #Tips For Healthy Long Hair (dreamlovebelieve.com)
- Hair Trends for Summer 2012 (dreamlovebelieve.com)